1. Where do I register for the Race? You can register online, or print a registration form at the Komen Bahamas website. You can pick up an entry form from the Sunshine Insurance Offices (East Shirley Street and Baillou Hill Road). You can register on Race Day at the Registration tent, but the price is $45.00 on the day of the event and you may not get a T-shirt. So register early!
2. How much is registration? Registration costs $30 (adults/teams) and $15 (child under 12) for the 5K Run if you register on or before November 10, 2016. From November 11, 2016 - December 10, 2016, registration is $35 (adults/teams) and $20 (child under 12). From December 11, 2016 - January 10, 2017, registration is $40 (adults/teams) and $25 (child under 12). Race Day registration is $45.00 (adult/team) and $30 (child under 12).
3. What does my registration include? You will get a Race number, a Komen Bahamas Race for the Cure T-shirt, professional finishing time and a finisher’s medal.
4. How can I donate? When you register online, you are offered the opportunity to make a donation to one of the charities. Additionally, when registering in person, you can make a donation by placing the appropriate amount on the application form and submitting a check or cash.
5. I am a survivor. What do I need to know? Firstly, congratulations! When you register, please indicate that you wish to be recognized as a survivor. As a survivor, you will receive a special survivor T-shirt. You will also be given access to the Survivor Tent on Race Day where you will receive a special survivors-only breakfast, VIP treatment and a special goody bag.
6. What is the Survivor Ceremony? One of the most important aspects of this Race is the Survivor Processional and Ceremony. It begins at 8:10 a.m. We ask all survivors to arrive at 7:50 a.m. The event features a survivor processional to the stage, followed by a ceremony dedicated to honoring our breast cancer survivors. At the end of the ceremony, the race award ceremony begins.
7. How do I start or join a team? It’s very easy. Register online and click on the start a team, or join an existing team buttons. Follow the prompts as you go through the registration process. We encourage companies, communities, civic organizations, schools, families or friends to form teams.
8. When do I get my registration packet with my tee shirt and Race number? Packet pick up is available January 11, 2017 from 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.; January 12 at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.; January 13 at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at Sunshine Insurance Office, East Shirley Street OR at Pre-Registration Area on Race morning from 6:00 a.m.-6:45 a.m. Montagu.
9. When does the Race start? The walk/run starts at 7:00 a.m.
10. Is parking available? Limited parking is available on Paradise Island – until 6:15 am. Parking is available on the Nassau end (near the starting line area) Carpooling is encouraged. Arrive early to secure a favorable spot.
11. Who are the beneficiaries of the event? Cancer Association of Grand Bahama, Bahamas, Cancer Society of The Bahamas, Sister Sister (Support Group), Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation, Bahamas Breast Cancer Initiative
12. How much of the funds raised stay in The Bahamas? All proceeds from this event stays in The Bahamas to fund breast cancer awareness and other women’s health programs.
One woman’s desire to see a better life for women battling
breast cancer sparked a global breast cancer movement. In 1980, Nancy G.
Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan, that she would do everything
in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became
the Susan G. Komen® organization and the beginning of a global movement.
Click here to read more.